Welcome to our website. It’s an exciting time for green cars: purely electric cars like the Nissan Leaf and BMW i3 are selling well, hybrids are frequently seen on the roads - and the oft-discussed Tesla Model 3 has ramped up production and is also selling (very!) well.
Green Car Future aims to report on the latest developments in the exciting green car sector, and also provide useful info about green cars. 18 separate countries have announced laws banning fossil-fuel powered cars (e.g. petrol and diesel cars), some banning them within a decade. So electric and hydrogen cars (amongst others) are set to continue to become popular.
We currently cover five separate areas on this website:
- Electric - info and articles about the most popular form of green cars: electric. They have an electric battery, which replaces the traditional combustion engines from fossil-fuelled powered cars. They are more efficient than combustion engine vehicles, and naturally electric can be generated from various fuel sources (including green sources like wind and solar power) - hence electric cars are much more eco-friendly than their predecessors. See all EV-related articles.
- Hydrogen - hydrogen cars are not as popular as electric, and there’s currently only 3 mainstream hydrogen cars on the market. However an increasing numbers of manufacturers are working on producing hydrogen cars. They’re powered by hydrogen fuel cells, which are currently expensive to produce and arguably a less mature technology than electric car batteries. See all fuel cell car related articles.
- Hybrids - hybrids use a mix of a gasoline engine and an electric motor, and can switch between the energy source as applicable. This reduces fuel consumption and has lower emissions than fossil-fuel powered cars. They are also (currently) cheaper to buy than electric cars.
- News - in this section we keep track of all the latest industry developments: whether it’s a new green car being released, improvements in electric/hydrogen technology, or potentially Elon Musk’s latest (substantial) Tweets!
- Directory - reviews and information of electric, hydrogen and hybrid cars currently on the market.
Latest Weekly News Roundup
Some green car websites pump out up to 10 ‘news’ articles each day relating to electric cars (and perhaps the odd hydrogen fuel cell article), which is great for hardcore EV enthusiasts but it makes it hard to keep track of the real news from each week. As a result we sum up the week’s green car news every Saturday or Sunday in a weekly news roundup:
- Sunday 19 May 2019: Monday 13th - Sunday 19th May: Weekly Green Car News Articles
- Sunday 12 May 2019: Monday 6th - Sunday 12th May: Weekly Green Car News Articles
- Sunday 05 May 2019: Monday April 29th - Sunday May 5th: Green Car News Articles
- Sunday 28 Apr 2019: Monday April 22nd - Sunday April 28th: Green Car News Articles
Our 10 most recently published general interest articles (i.e. non-news related) are:
- 26 Feb 2019: What Is An Electric Car Like To Drive?
- 24 Jan 2019: How Electric Car Batteries Are Made: From Mining To Driving
- 05 Jan 2019: 26 Electric Car Advantages and Disadvantages
- 29 Dec 2018: Is Driving An Electric Car Through Flood Water Safe?
- 22 Dec 2018: The Rise Of Market-Disrupting Electric Cars (Infographic)
- 19 Dec 2018: What Happened To The GM, BMW and Honda Hydrogen Cars?
- 18 Dec 2018: What Do Hydrogen Cars Sound Like?
- 17 Dec 2018: Can Electric Car Chargers Electrocute You In The Rain?
- 15 Dec 2018: 14 Interesting Facts About Hybrid Cars
- 12 Dec 2018: Electric Cars Aren't Green: Myth Or Truth? We Take A Look!
We’re still expanding out this website, so please contact us if you have any comments or suggestions. Thanks!