Welcome to our website. It’s an exciting time for green cars: purely electric cars like the Nissan Leaf and BMW i3 are selling well, hybrids are frequently seen on the roads - and the oft-discussed Tesla Model 3 has ramped up production and is also selling (very!) well.
Green Car Future aims to report on the latest developments in the exciting green car sector, and also provide useful info about green cars. 18 separate countries have announced laws banning fossil-fuel powered cars (e.g. petrol and diesel cars), some banning them within a decade. So electric and hydrogen cars (amongst others) are set to continue to become popular.
We currently cover five separate areas on this website:
- Electric - info and articles about the most popular form of green cars: electric. They have an electric battery, which replaces the traditional combustion engines from fossil-fuelled powered cars. They are more efficient than combustion engine vehicles, and naturally electric can be generated from various fuel sources (including green sources like wind and solar power) - hence electric cars are much more eco-friendly than their predecessors. See all EV-related articles.
- Hydrogen - hydrogen cars are not as popular as electric, and there’s currently only 3 mainstream hydrogen cars on the market. However an increasing numbers of manufacturers are working on producing hydrogen cars. They’re powered by hydrogen fuel cells, which are currently expensive to produce and arguably a less mature technology than electric car batteries. See all fuel cell car related articles.
- Hybrids - hybrids use a mix of a gasoline engine and an electric motor, and can switch between the energy source as applicable. This reduces fuel consumption and has lower emissions than fossil-fuel powered cars. They are also (currently) cheaper to buy than electric cars.
- News - in this section we keep track of all the latest industry developments: whether it’s a new green car being released, improvements in electric/hydrogen technology, or potentially Elon Musk’s latest (substantial) Tweets!
- Directory - reviews and information of electric, hydrogen and hybrid cars currently on the market.
Our 10 most recently published articles are:
- 17 Feb 2019: Mon 11th February - Sun 17th February: Green Car News Roundup
- 10 Feb 2019: Mon 4th February - Sun 10th February: Green Car News Roundup
- 03 Feb 2019: Mon 28th January - Sun 3rd February: Green Car News Roundup
- 27 Jan 2019: Mon 21st January - Sun 27th January: Green Car News Roundup
- 24 Jan 2019: How Electric Car Batteries Are Made: From Mining To Driving
- 19 Jan 2019: Mon 14th January - Sun 20th January: Green Car News Roundup
- 12 Jan 2019: Mon 7th January - Sun 13th January: Weekly Green Car News
- 05 Jan 2019: 26 Electric Car Advantages and Disadvantages
- 05 Jan 2019: Mon 31st Dec 2018 - Sun 6th Jan 2019: Weekly Green Car News
- 29 Dec 2018: Is Driving An Electric Car Through Flood Water Safe?
We’re still expanding out this website, so please contact us if you have any comments or suggestions. Thanks!