Did you know that the Renault Zoe’s boot is as large as the Clio’s?
Impressive, right? With 338 liters, it allows you to fit up to 6 suitcases and provides plenty of space for most people’s everyday needs.
But sometimes you need a little extra room. And when the need arises, you can create more space in your Zoe by removing the rear seat.
Don’t worry, it’s a simple procedure. In this article, I’ll guide you through the easy-to-follow steps of removing the rear car seat in your Renault Zoe. You’ll gain the extra space you need without risking damaging your vehicle. Let’s get started and unlock the potential of your Zoe’s interior.
Step By Step Guide to Remove the Renault Zoe Rear Seat
You can remove the rear seat of your Renault Zoe in just a couple of minutes. It’s easier to do this with someone else but a person alone can also get the job done.
Take the following steps to remove the rear seat:
- Drag the front seats forward to allow you more operating room.
- To start working on the rear seat, you need to remove the parcel shelf. It’s an easy step that you can see how to do on this Youtube video.
- Drop the rear seat back by pressing the button at the top of the seat, as shown in the image. The Zoe’s rear seat is divided into two sections, so you’ll need to do it on both sides of the seat.
At this point, you will have already created additional room in the back, but in many cases, it still won’t be enough. So keep on.
4. Go to one of the sides of your seat. You’ll see a hole with a cam. With a tool such as a screwdriver, swivel the cam out of the way. Do the same on the other side of the seat.
5. Now, you can simply lift the seat, and it will come out. Remember to do it on both sides as well. Do it gently to prevent any possible damage.
With the top part of the seat removed, your Zoe will already have lots of space. You could go further and remove the seat base, but I wouldn’t recommend this. The base is attached to the car with three pins, that are single-use. When you remove the seat base, the pins will break, and when you put it back on, the seat will wiggle because it’s not properly secure.
If you already did this, don’t worry. You can buy new clips and apply them there.
However, removing the seat base is not worth the trouble, especially considering that it won’t provide you with that much extra space.
How to Properly Reinstall the Seat
Great, you’ve removed your rear seat! But most likely, at some point, you’ll want to put it back in its place. When you do, make sure to reinstall it properly, as this ensures not only the safety of passengers but also the integrity of the car.
During the reinstallation process, keep the following in mind:
- Align the Seat: Position the seat in the designated area, ensuring it aligns with the mounting points on the vehicle floor.
- Secure the Seat: Engage the seat locks or fasteners to securely attach the seat to the mounting points. Double-check that the locks are fully engaged and the seat is stable.
- Verify Stability: Give the seat a gentle shake and ensure it remains stable without any excessive movement. Confirm that all connections are secure and there are no loose parts.
By following these steps and considerations, you can reinstall the rear car seat in your Renault Zoe with confidence. Remember to take your time, follow the instructions carefully, and seek assistance if needed.
Removing the rear car seat in your Renault Zoe may seem like a daunting task, but if you follow the easy steps outlined in this article, you can accomplish it with ease.
Throughout the whole process, remember to never force anything. Excessive force can damage or breakage, compromising the seat’s functionality and safety.
If you encounter resistance or difficulty at any point, take a step back, reassess, and ensure you are following the instructions correctly. It’s always better to proceed with caution and seek professional assistance if needed, rather than risking potential damage.
Enjoy the additional space and versatility that removing the rear seat provides! If you want more tips and tricks on the Renault Zoe, make sure to read our other articles, listed below.